Kindergarten Take Home Policy
KINDERGARTEN TAKE HOME POLICY - PM
There have been several incidents of Kindergarten students not being met by their parent/guardian during the take-home ( PM Dismissal) that have necessitated the return of the student to the school – causing undue stress and anguish for the student and causing a disruption of bus service to other students and/or routes. In order to continue a safe, efficient and thorough transportation system, the following transportation policy will be implemented, effective 9/1/03:
During the PM Dismissal, Kindergarten students must have a parent/guardian, older sibling or an authorized parental representative visible or he/she will be returned to the school office to the after-school daycare provider. Parents will then be responsible to pickup their student from the school and, if applicable, to pay any appropriate fees that may be due to the after-school daycare provider. A copy of the after-school daycare provider's permission slip, signed by the parent/guardian, will be kept on file at the daycare provider.
Abuse of the policy will be considered after 3 occurrences and the parent/guardian may need to appear before the Board of Education.
AT REGULAR PM DISMISSAL:
- No kindergarten student will be let off of the bus until a parent/guardian or older sibling is visible.
- When the parent/guardian is not available, then only persons expressly authorized by the parent/guardian will be allowed to receive the child.
- If no authorization is found, then the student will be returned to the cafeteria of the school at the conclusion of the bus route and turned over to the after-school daycare provider.
- The Transportation Office will notify the school office that the student will be returning to the school's after-school daycare program.
- The school office will provide emergency contact information to the after-school daycare program for that student.
- The parent/guardian will be responsible to pay the appropriate fees to the after-school daycare provider for the time that the student is in the program.
This policy applies only to those students in Kindergarten/or special needs.